1. Open to participants age 19 & under. 4-H entrants must follow State guidelines for age.
2. All entries due by August 15th. A 5$ fee applies. Space is limited (would appreciate each exhibitor limiting entries to 3 animals)
3. The entry fee is $5.00. NOTE: Entries must be made on-line , on the Beef page.
If for some reason online entry can not be made, Mail completed entry form to:
Attn: Beef Show,
50 Hartwood Church Road,
Fredericksburg VA 22406
4. All animals must be checked-in and in place by 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, September 14, 2013.
5. All livestock must be free of disease and/or illness and will be inspected by a qualified livestock inspector before being allowed into the barn.
6. The animal must be free from disease and/or illness is preferred, but not required. The animal will be inspected by a third party and may not enter the barn until inspection.
7. Ear Tags/Tattoos and Birth Dates are mandatory for all entries.
8. Cattle Show is scheduled for Saturday September 14, at 10:00 a.m.
9. NO movement of animals allowed during open Fair hours.
10. State Fair judging rules apply. The decisions of the judges are final.
11. Livestock classes and prizes are at the discretion of Hartwood Days Official. NO Cash Prizes
1) No solicitation of any kind, for any reason.
2) Wear appropriate clothing.
3) No open-toed shoes.
4) Park in designated areas only.
6) No alcoholic beverages.
7) No horse play, no foul language, no radios, or loud behavior.
8) Keep all aisles clear. Chairs, coolers, etc., are to be placed in designated areas only.
9) Any use of electrical equipment must be approved by the barn manager. This includes lights, fans, etc.
10) Displays must be made of decorations which are not harmful to the animal and/or cannot be ingested by the animal. Perishable items may not be used in the displays.
11) Keep pens neat and clean at all times. Bring buckets and a shovel. Dump buckets in designated areas only.
12) Keep feed in containers which are marked with your name and your animal’s name and store in designated areas only.
13) If you use it, replace it. If you open it, close it. If you move it, put it back where you found it.
14) Only animals entered for exhibition are allowed in the barn area. Please leave your pets at home.
15) Do not handle or enter pens of animals other than your own.
16) Do not allow other exhibitors or the general public to enter any animal pens.
17) Animals are to remain in the Barn at the Fair Grounds for the duration of the Fair unless coordinated for movement to the Arena.